This one day course is specifically designed for those who require a basis for providing basic First Aid in an emergency situation. It is designed to assist participants in the treatment of minor accident/incident injuries and life saving skills. This is not a substitution for the Occupational First Aid course. Occupational First Aid is a certified and intensive 3 day course with more in depth, practical and theoretical examination of the role/responsibilities of the First Aider.
- On completion of this course the participants will have a basic knowledge of First Aid and what to do in the event of an emergency while waiting for a qualified person (Doctor, Ambulance personnel etc) to arrive at the scene.
- Description and definition of role and functions of a First Aider, this includes what he/she can and cannot safely and competently do in the case of an accident or emergency.
- Assess a situation (scene, casualty or casualties) quickly and safely.
- Definition of role and functions of a First Aider, this includes what he/she can and cannot safely and competently do in the case of an accident or emergency.
- Protect casualties and others at the scene from possible danger.
- Identify, as far as possible, the mechanism or nature of the illness / injury.
- Arrange for medical help (Doctor, Cardiac Ambulance etc) if required.
- Triage – treating the most serious conditions (casualties) first.
- First Aid (A, c, B, C, D – Airway, C-spine, Breathing, Circulation, Disability), Expose, Examine and Evaluate.
- Stay with the casualty until further care/medical aid is available.
- Making a diagnosis.
- Life threatening conditions – shock, cardiac arrest, asphyxia, respiratory arrest.
- Bleeding and shock.
- Unconsciousness, Drowning, Fractures, Burns & Poisoning.
- Maximum of 12 participants.
- 1 day duration.
- All our instructors are registered with the National Ambulance Board.
- Price: €40 per person.