This is a one day First Aid Refresher Training course to refresh your First Aid skills.
- On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate up-to-date practical skills.
- Explain new developments in First Aid.
- Course Introduction.
- Classroom presentation on projector, videos.
- Practical demonstrations of techniques.
- Course handouts, training records, evaluation forms are also provided.
- Aims – Prevent further harm; preserve life; promote recovery.
- Responsibilities of First Aiders.
- Primary Surveys – Medical & Trauma.
- Making a diagnosis.
- Life threatening conditions: asphyxia, respiratory & cardiac arrest, shock.
- Casualty interview (S.A.M.P.L.E).
- Casualty Report Forms.
Assessments & Certification:
- Assessments are held at the end of the course. Certificates are valid for 3 years.
- Maximum of 10 participants
- 1 day duration.
- Price: €40 per person.
- Trainees must submit their last OFA Certification on or before the day of the Refresher:
- It must be either a 3 day Occupational First Aid course or a 1 day Refresher of same. (Occupational must be referenced).
- It must indicate who instructed and who examined and include their OFAAA registration numbers.